Monday, June 15, 2009

New York Super Fudge Chunk

My daughter requested that I make homemade New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream for her birthday - so I did.

I knew I needed to get good ingredients, since the Ben and Jerry's version contains White & Dark Fudge Chunks, Pecans, Walnuts & Fudge Covered Almonds - so I went to The Chocolatier in Exeter NH again (when I made "Box of Chocolates" ice cream).

They helped me pick out some chocolate fudge, plus some white-chocolate almond bark, and some chocolate pecan bark.

I made a rich chocolate base, and put the broken bark in near the end of the process. I added large chunks of fudge by hand as I was scooping it into the bowl and before putting it into the freezer.

It came out great!

Enjoy!
- Scott
---------------------------------------------
- Scott's Scoop
- an ice cream blog
- random thoughts on making homemade ice cream
---------------------------------------------
Ice cream maker
Chocolate ice cream
homemade New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment