Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Ice Cream

The Hershey's chocolate filled-with-peanut-butter bar is one of my favorite candy bars. Today's ice cream flavor will include this bar.



This is also another fine opportunity to try making chocolate ice cream again. My goal is to make sure everything is cold, cold, cold! The ice cream maker bowl has been in the freezer for just about a week. I made my "sweet cream base" early in the morning and let it chill for 1 hour in the 'fridge, and 3 hours in the freezer. It was just starting to freeze when I added it to the machine.

And the third time is the charm! Within 10 minutes the mix started to stiffen up, and in the end the result was some decent looking chocolate ice cream. I shattered the candy bar and added it right at the end, and put the ice cream into a chilled bowl and let it freeze a while longer in the freezer.

My latest flavor, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar ice cream, came out great and was my first successful "chocolate" ice cream batch!

Enjoy!
- Scott
---------------------------------------------
- Scott's Scoop
- an ice cream blog
- random thoughts on making ice cream at home
---------------------------------------------
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar ice cream recipe
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter chunk ice cream recipe
Original flavors
ice cream maker
homemade ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment