Friday, January 2, 2009

Chocolate Ice Cream

Today I once again set out to make chocolate ice cream. I mixed up the cocoa and chilled it and then added it to the machine with high hopes. But once again, the chocolate mix did not set-up as ice cream. I reluctantly let it run a bit longer hoping it would set, but it never did. It was more like a milk shake, than ice cream. After letting it sit in the freezer overnight, it still did not result in the desired consistency. It tasted delicious, though!

Searching a few online forums, I guess the problem is that everything was not as cold as it needs to be. It is mystifying, though since the vanilla flavor comes out so good and the only difference this time was the addition of cocoa. Next time, I will have to chill things to the max, I guess!

Oh well!

Enjoy!
- Scott
---------------------------------------------
- Scott's Scoop
- an ice cream blog
- random thoughts on making ice cream at home
---------------------------------------------
Homemade Chocolate ice cream
Homemade Vanilla ice cream
ice cream maker
homemade ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment