Monday, December 29, 2008

Chocolate Chocolate-Raspberry-Chip Ice Cream

Fresh off the success of my chocolate chip ice cream, today I set out to make a more interesting flavor, using the Chocolate-Raspberry bar I got for Christmas.



That along with some Dutch-process cocoa would make up my "Chocolate Chocolate-Raspberry-Chip Ice Cream" flavor. I mixed everything up and got the machine going again. This time, things did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. The chocolate mixture did not set-up as nicely as the vanilla did the day before. The result was much soupier that I wanted. After around 40 minutes I turned off the machine, mixed in the chocolate-raspberry chips and put it in the freezer.

Later on the mix did freeze up and tasted delicious, but it wasn't quite as "ice-creamy" as I wanted.

Thinking things through, I think maybe things were not as cold as they should have been. So next time I will make sure everything is super cold.

Enjoy!
- Scott
---------------------------------------------
- Scott's Scoop
- an ice cream blog
- random thoughts on making ice cream at home
---------------------------------------------
Homemade Chocolate ice cream
Homemade Chocolate Chocolate-Raspberry-Chip Ice Cream
Original flavors
Ice cream maker
homemade ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment