Friday, December 26, 2008

French vanilla bean ice cream

mmmm - along with the ice cream maker, I got two whole vanilla beans for Christmas



also a Ghirardelli chocolate bar



and an amazing chocolate raspberry bar



So ... following the recipe in the booklet that came with the ice cream maker, I set out to make the Vanilla Bean ice cream, cooking the cream and milk and vanilla bean slowly on the stove.

After chilling a short while, I put the mix in the maker, and which much anticipation I started up the machine. Unfortunately, I guess I didn't let things chill enough, since the ice cream never set up, even after running for 30 or 35 minutes in the machine. I put the mix in the freezer and revisited it several hours later, only to find it a solid block of vanilla custard!

Oh well, better luck next time hopefully!

Enjoy!
- Scott
---------------------------------------------
- Scott's Scoop
- an ice cream blog
- random thoughts on making ice cream at home
---------------------------------------------
making french vanilla bean ice cream
Homemade French vanilla bean ice cream recipe
homemade ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment